Thursday, June 4, 2009

Catching Up: Cinco de Mayo

May 2, 2009

Jon & I have a tradition of having people over for some good Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo. In the past we've just had another couple over, but this year we decided to go all out. We instituted a potluck "bring your own Latin dish" dinner and invited a bunch of friends--The Atkinsons, Oliveras, Riveras, Finnigans, and Baskins.

Thanks to Caitlin's info, we were actually able to find Sangria and Jarritos this year so nothing was lacking. Except, of course, Carlos, who was studying and wasn't able to come, leaving us without a single Mexican at our party. But I guess that's appropriate, since it's really just an American holiday anyway (no one celebrates in Mexico, or at least only a very few).

The food was absolutely delicious and we were all very fat by the end of the night. After dinner we headed to the open area near our house for some games. Jon & Marah spent two days planning, purchasing and putting together our own game of "white trash golf" (there's no official name--you can Google it for more info). We also had a newly acquired bocce ball set, also purchased specifically for our party. Of course it was a tremendous success. Marley wailed on us girls until we kicked her out to play with the serious golfers (Jon, Ben & Caitlin).

When the mosquitos started chomping we headed back in for some fried ice cream before everyone headed home. It was, by far, the best Cinco de Mayo party I've ever been to.

All the girls:
Krystal (holding Victoria), Sommer, Caitlin, Marley, Megan, Dawn & Marah
Our little family (minus Marah the nanny)

Thank you to Sommer for all the wonderful pictures!

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Sounds like fun!!!

Sommer said...

It was soooo fun!!! I can't wait to do it again next year... that is if we're invited.. hint hint =)

Anonymous said...

Meg, I love the Blue! Every time I see Cobalt Blue Glass I think of you. Cute photos!