Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm not going to talk about it.

Our little monkey turned 11 months old yesterday. Which puts him way too close to being one year old. I'm not ready for that, and I don't want to talk about it. :( Why does time have to go by so quickly?

Seth's had a very productive month. His new accomplishments include:

*Trying to pull our lamps over (and very nearly succeeding)

*Drawers, drawers, and more drawers. He is so fascinated by opening and closing drawers that I can actually take a shower and he'll entertain himself. Unfortunately, he's also extremely interested in the drawers on his dresser, which tend to smash his fingers and distract him from nursing.

*Injuries, and lots of them. At the moment he has: three bruises on his forehead, two bruises on his knees, one giant bruise on the back of his leg, and a decent-sized cut on the back of his knee. And to think he did all this in one week or less...

*He spends most of his day cruising around our furniture. He's even stood alone for short intervals, and is getting more and more daring as he moves from one piece to another.

*He's found the power button on Jon's CPU (as I found out while in the middle of a project).

*He likes apple juice and LOVES orange juice. But he still pretty much only gets to drink water.

*We've moved up to size 4 diapers. Hopefully he'll be in them for a long time...

*I've started finding him on his tummy when he wakes up in the morning, usually playing with his stuffed bear at the end of his crib.

*He's progressed from walking in his walker to running in his walker. He's also very good at ramming us in the ankles when he wants something.

*He's started playing games with us (usually with Aunt Marah). He'll follow us around the house in his walker, or blink both eyes at you and wait for you to repeat it, or exchange raspberry-blowings with you.


Seth's BIG ACCOMPLISHMENTS:


#1--He officially said his first word: "light". That was Jon's first word, so he has been diligently showing Seth the lights since he was old enough to notice them. All that hard work finally paid off. We're still not sure if he understands that "Dad" means Dad. But light is a definite one (although he considers anything above him to be a light--shelves, birds, trees...).


#2--He's CRAWLING! Yes, I know. He's almost a year old, but I don't care. He's still pretty clumsy (it's only been a few days since he figured it out) and he whines pretty much the entire time, but he's CRAWLING! I still don't know which he'll do first--crawl proficiently or walk. It's a toss up at this point.


My baby is growing up. Every day he looks less like a baby and more like a little boy, which makes me sad. But at the same time, he is SO much fun, and just gets more interesting to be with. I'm just grateful I'm able to be home to enjoy every minute of this short time with him as a baby.

12 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

yes, momma...that counts as crawling!! Oh, 11 months goes by way too fast...I still miss my babies, even though I love each stage! But you are right--the blessing of being home with them can NEVER be replaced!!! What a good momma you are!

Jamie said...

I know . . . I can't believe how close they are to a year. It is funny he is learning all the mobility moves in just a month or two. He is definitely crawling! I think good crawling makes it harder to want to learn walking cuz it is easier to crawl.

Jen Bowen said...

Yay! He learned how to crawl. I think once they get their first tastes of independent movement there's no stopping them - especially after they get over being frustrated by lack of coordination.

Sommer said...

awwww i am so impressed by his, "light, light" sooo cute!

Caitlin said...

Light, light......light. I LOVE IT! Very impressive. And such a big boy......crawling to get his truck. The monkey man can crawl! (I love that you called him monkey man, so cute.) I can't believe he's going to be ONE!!!!! So sad, but hey, you both survived after a year......so it's looking good!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

I love the new family pictures! Good job on surviving the 5k and I hope you have a happier birthday next year!

Ali said...

I totally get the mixed emotion thing. He's so cute, congrats on the size four diapers... we have awhile to go before Henry hits that milestone.

Adrian said...

Congratulations on the crawling. Yoroko walked less than a month after she crawled, so no worries there. I finished Seth's crosstitch in April, got it framed in May, and am hoping to get it mailed in June. :) I love his hair.

Adrian said...

WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING. Because, honestly, you won't remember it if you don't write it down. I don't even remember htings that Max did, and that was less than a year ago. And you're coming up on such a sweet time- between one and two (you think you have it good now, just wait). I wish we could have another one-year-old. I just don't want to go through the 0-3 month stage. :)

Alicia said...

Exciting! Sounds like you are busy running around after him. It is sad that they grow up so quickly but it is so exciting to see the new things they discover as they get older. Weston just cracks me up the older and older he gets. He is so entertaining. I am sure Seth will provide hours and hours of entertainment for you.

AZ Mikesells said...

I know where I rate... Seth waits to crawl after I leave. Think it's revenge for terrifying him with my pig noises?

Linda said...

I'm with you. Why does time have to go so quickly? Make sure you enjoy every stage and don't blink! I think I just blinked and now Calvin is as tall as me. When did that happen? But it has been a fun ride! So enjoy! He's a great little boy.