May 23, 2009
They finally decided to open our neighborhood pool over Memorial Day Weekend. As it also happened to be ridiculously hot and humid, we decided it was time for Seth's first swim.
We arrived with all the necessities--sunscreen, hats, towels, and a floating crab-tube-thing for Seth. The first thing the lifeguard tells us as we walk in the gate? "No toys allowed." This isn't a toy--it's a floatation device. "Only Coast Guard approved life jackets." Seriously? A 10 month old in a life jacket? I'm going to have to say that's a bigger drowning risk than a 10 month old in a tube. Stupid rules.
So Seth got to hang with us. He had no fear of the water. We started him out in the kiddie pool, where he was more than happy to cruise along the edge (he only fell in once, and not all the way before we caught him). Then it was off to the big pool, which was not nearly as warm as I wanted it to be--oh, how I miss Arizona pools and 90 degree water temperatures.
Seth didn't even mind the water being chilly. He only whined a little when his dad put him in up to his chin (and who can blame him? None of the rest of us went in up to our chins). I think he would have had a blast if he could have paddled around by himself. Grumble, grumble...
When he'd had enough I wrapped him in a nice warm towel with his daddy, where he then proceeded to try to eat Jon's nose. All in all, a definite success.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Seth Swims!
at 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yahoo! Bring on summer! Cant wait to see what kind of tan Seth gets!
Funny! Jackson eats his dad's nose too! Why is that? I am glad he liked swimming. You will have fun things to do! Our pool is too cold and Jackson pretty much hates it anyway!
I like this 'hour to yourself' you started giving yourself every day. I get to read more about how you're doing!
Swimming looks like fun!! it's still not warm enough here to swim.
So cute!!! Glad you guys enjoyed the pool. That is quite a silly rule. Our pool here has the worst "pool hours." It doesn't open until 2pm and you have to sign in with your address. I don't know why we can't go in the morning and get Weston tired for his nap. Oh well. Hopefully we won't live here much longer anyway!
I can't believe how big he's gettting. Time flies!! I had one of those floating things too and they said we couldn't use it because if someone got stuck underneath it they could drown. I'm with you, it's pretty stupid! I hope all is well with you guys!
that is so retarded that they won't let you bring in toys, what's the point of swimming then???? How dumb!!! Way cute pics though, especially the last one!
Post a Comment