Saturday, June 7, 2014

Eight Months

Messy babies get to jump (almost) naked

Once again, I was hoping we'd have something impressive to report, but Aaron is following no one's deadlines. Since he's obviously a very bright kid, I'm just letting it go. All of my kids have been slow on the motor skills, so he's not doing anything that different from his siblings. 

*still not sitting up. We have less than a month before we hit the "talk to your pediatrician if your child isn't sitting up unassisted by nine months old" mark. He actually does really well as long as you are touching him. As soon as you move away, he flops over. I'm convinced the entire thing is a clever scheme to get himself picked up more often.
(As soon as Jon would move away, Aaron would fall)

*rolling from back to belly. He doesn't do it often because he doesn't like to be on his belly. But if he REALLY wants something he can't reach by rolling to the side, he will roll over. And then immediately roll back. 

*his only real form of transportation is what Seth calls "the booty dance" (please don't ask how my five-year-old knows what a "booty" is. I have no answers for you). He'll lay on his back and push his bum up in the air repeatedly. So far he doesn't actually go anywhere intentionally--he just happens to move around while doing it.

*Suffering through yet another bout of sickness. This kid just cannot catch a break.

*Growing and growing. He now only fits in size 12 months because of his height. Of course, the 12 month pants fall right off his skinny rear...

*Waking up only once (ish) a night, usually between 4 and 5 am. Occasionally I'll still hear from him around 11 pm, but it's getting rarer. Hooray!

*Still loves food in all forms. 
"I'll just feed myself tonight, Mom."

"Ohhhmmmmmm, nooommmmmmm..."

*He's starting to get really attached to me. None of my others really did this phase, so I'm not sure how it's going to go from here. 

*Had his third haircut. I don't quite know what to do his hair--it grows straight out of the top of his head. I keep thinking it will eventually get tall enough that it lays down, but so far it seems to defy gravity pretty well.

*Favorite activity: knocking all the magnets off the side of the fridge:

I'm betting the next few weeks will bring some pretty big changes for our little man.
We shall see!

"Who, me? I am totally not making a giant mess."

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Aaron's probably going to be "mom only" phase next time I see him. Catherine was a "dad only" baby and scowled at me when Aaron's age :D
Love that crazy hair - definitely a unique version of his Aunt Bubba's 'sticky up' hair.

Adrian said...

fabulous. your other babies were adorable but oh my goodness this one is so so cute.