Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kinetic Energy Show

Seth has spent a glorious year taking classes at a local gymnastics academy. Catherine got in half a year--she was finally old enough to join Seth in February, when she turned three. They LOVE "gymnaskicks" (Catherine speak) and I've loved it, too. 

At the end of the year they have a big show where all the kids show off their skills. Since their usual photographer was gone (and since I had just acquired a decent camera), they asked me to take some pictures for them. I took the camera to their class that week for some practice. As it turns out, photographing indoor sports is just about the most difficult thing to do, even for professionals. Plus the lighting in their gym is just awful. But I tried my best!
Seth climbs

Catherine finishes climbing

Now for the actual day of the show (picture overload--sorry!): 
Seth's big entrance
(We were late, so Catherine didn't get one. She took too long getting her shoes off.)

Silly shot

Group shot

Waiting for their turn

Showing off her jumping skills

...and climbing skills

Climbing the dome

Seth balances

...and so does Catherine.

Seth climbs (even with a torn-up knee)

Catherine gets her award...

And so does Seth.

Aaron survives being hauled around during naptime...again...

The kids with Ms. Paula

This was definitely a good crash-course for me & my camera. I learned a lot and would definitely do some things differently next time, but at least I know the basics now!

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

They really have an amazing program for children. I was so impressed :) And Seth legs - he's grow a foot since Aaron was born!

Kellie said...

Wow, what fun for Seth and Catherine! It's fun seeing pictures with your new camera! And I love Catherine's hairstyle!