Seth technically finished kindergarten on May 22nd. But we were in the middle of plagues and didn't really do anything to celebrate the day. Neither of us minded too much--I hate the trend of "graduating" from every grade and Seth doesn't know any better.
But eventually I did get around to taking some "You did it!" kindergarten pictures. First there was his chain of 100 books (which I didn't actually plan on him finishing until mid-first grade):
More than 50% of the books were read since March, when his reading really took off. One day he read 11 books just so he could get to 100 books before he finished kindergarten. He's reading almost completely fluently and independently now--pretty good for a little guy who isn't even six yet!
I owe him a trip to a bounce house for reading 100 books.
Now if we could just stop getting lice/ripping open kneecaps long enough to get there...
First day of kindergarten (June 2013)
Last day of kindergarten(ish)
First & last day siblings
Silly pictures
This was a big day for both me & Seth: we survived our first year of homeschooling! We both had to learn to be flexible. Seth still prefers independent play to school, but I don't see that changing (ever). He's a bright, funny little boy and I'm grateful to be both his mom and his teacher.
Extra Bonus End-of-Kindergarten Feat:
Losing his first tooth!
(For the record, Mommy Tooth Fairy wanted to only give a quarter for teeth.
Daddy Tooth Fairy said she was being too cheap and upped it to $1.
Seth was VERY excited to find a dollar bill under his pillow instead of the promised quarter).
3 comments:
What a difference a year makes!
What little was left of Seth's baby face disappeared this year.
Ha, I think it's hilarious that Jon raised the Tooth Fairy rate. Go Jon!
I am so impressed with you for homeschooling. And SO impressed with Seth for reading so well & so much already!! How awesome!! What a good mom & teacher you are!!
Post a Comment