Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Catherine Daughter

My little Catherine artist!

It's funny: I've always thought of you as shy, but the older you get the more I realize that you're not shy at all. You're just selective of who you want to spend time with. You also really enjoy making people laugh. Now I feel like I need to recalculate everything I assume about you and your interactions. I love it. 

Some things are still the same. You still love art in all its forms, but most especially painting, drawing and clay. You're still offended by princesses and dolls (and have written off friends who play dolls with Elise instead of doing art with you). And you're still sporting the Skeletor look, as Aunt Bubba calls it. At 8.5 years old you were 4 ft. 4 in (60th) and 47 lbs (5th). But at least you're actually ON the chart for weight now!

With your bat pumpkin carving and your award from Activity Days

Yep.
Still loving on all the insects. 

You spent the evening making videos of you three racing down the stairs on your bellies.

Hanging out with Emma, your "big sister" and favorite entertainment.

More art! Elise is always happy to join in your creating.

You've finally decided to occasionally be interested in braiding and/or 'doing' my hair.

For science you watched a video on how sugar was made and were entranced. From then on it was nothing but sugar for you! We ended the semester with a tasting survey of various types of sugar. Everyone had a blast trying all these kinds of sugar:

I leave my sewing machine out all the time just so you can whip something out when the mood strikes you. At Christmas you headed upstairs and whipped up this adorable snowman:

You're still my strong-willed, independent child who would prefer to do it herself and fail rather than let me explain. But once you decide to do something, you're in 100% (cooking, sewing, art, sugar, whatever). I'm so grateful to have you, my Catherine Cat!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Oh the Catherine! What an unique, amazing soul! Love your Pippi braids too ;)