Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Lady Baby

Oh, little Elise Lady,

In Irish folklore there's what's known as the "fair folk." Basically, they're (often beautiful) little people with magical powers who will totally wreak havoc as soon as your back is turned. I'm pretty sure your DNA is at least 80% fair folk. You're either the most adorable, sweet little snuggle bug or you're rampaging through the house leaving a series of disasters in your wake. 

Related: none of your preschool/church teachers believe me when I talk about your gremlin antics. They only see your adorable, sweet side and just can't believe you'd ever do anything like smear handsoap all over the bathroom mirror (yesterday). 

Here's what you've been up to recently:

-Carla Jackson. This has been the BEST ongoing Elise-ism. One day we were driving in the car and you started talking about your (non-existent) baby sister. I was curious about your thought process, so I started asking questions, like, "What's her name?" "Umm...Cawhla. Cawhla Jackson." I was dying. This has been months ago now and you're still quite set on the idea that we're going to have another baby girl and that her name will be Carla. I told Jon that 'Carla Jackson' does, in fact, fit his stupid 5-syllable name pattern...

Related: later 'Jackson' turned into a boy cousin who died in a car accident, but now he's alive again. You have no cousins named Jackson and no cousins who have died in car accidents. But you've stuck with the storyline for so long now that I may have texted all my sisters and told them not to name any of their kids Jackson because it won't end well.

-You still love Luke Knox the best (probably because his DNA is also almost 100% gremlin). My favorite thing is on Sundays after sacrament meeting when Luke comes to our pew and asks to escort you to nursery. So. Adorable. 

Lately, however, you've really enjoyed playing with Paul when he comes over. He's more into things like Little Critters and dolls (like you) and less into trains and warfare (like Luke). Guess it's nice to have options!

-You found this pink unicorn in our house and were SURE it was Uncle Timmy's. I kept putting it back with your toys and you kept bringing it to me. "This is Uncle Timmy's woo-ni-torn." I think you eventually snuck it into his backpack because I haven't seen it since. 
Timmy's Woonitorn

-My mom brought my old American Girl Felicity doll and you LOVE it. Unfortunately, you're terrible about cleaning up all her accessories. Like the brush with the metal prongs that you left face up on the floor, and then stepped on:

Yes, those are multiple puncture wounds from the brush.

-Your older siblings have a homeschool PE class every Monday afternoon. You love going, but it's not really designed for tiny people (most kids are middle school or up). During one class, we walked to the upper building to play on the playground. Suddenly a group of girls your age in leotards came out of the building (including a friend from the other ward). A preschool gymnastics class at the exact same time and place as something we're already doing?? I signed you up immediately. Gymnastics is now the highlight of your week:
You may not be quite as scrawny as Catherine,
but you are the only girl in class whose leotard is baggy...

I love your coach! She's the best:

Getting your ribbon after showing us all your skills:

-You also LOVE co-op. You are a very social little girl, much like your oldest brother. Another mom sent me these pictures of you and your friend Bennett dancing and playing during pajama day:


I'm seriously debating putting you in preschool next year just to give you some social time (and maybe prevent the total destruction of my house). 

-You still love babies and Barbies and princesses (especially Elsa). Lately you've forced me to call you by various princess names. Usually Elsa, but occasionally Cinderella or Belle. When in character you always call me 'Anna'.

-You change your clothes a thousand times a day. And, since it's winter, you are usually dressed in nothing but a leotard or in your favorite 80s rocker costume. I don't know how you survive.

-You still love terrorizing Aaron just to get a reaction.

-Softie blanket is still your favorite thing in the world. Other favorites are Emma (stuffed pink bunny) and Elsa baby. Your bed is always covered in piles of babies and blankets. 

-Every morning you wake up and immediately demand your milk and (usually) breakfast. You are a hungry lady in the mornings. By dinner you barely eat. 

-You love the music to Frozen 2 and will ask me to dance with you while we listen to it. 

I sure love you, despite your barbarian ways!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Love that she could care less how old she is! I'm sure Uncle Timmy loves his unicorn :D