Admit it, you thought I was going to announce an upcoming baby.
Sorry to disappoint, but there are no babies happening here for a while. However, our BIG NEWS does make it more likely that there will actually BE another baby one day. Ready?
Here it is:
At just over 12 months old, Seth FINALLY starting sleeping ALL THE WAY through the night. I'm talking 8pm to 7:30am. I never thought it would happen. And I am a much happier person now.He's also suddenly decided that going to sleep is nothing to cry about (Scott and Mary will never believe this). We feed him, then lay him in his crib. Usually he rolls right over and goes to play with the stuffed animals at the end of his bed, but then he'll just lay down and go to sleep. Amazing.
In other news, Seth has decided that whatever I'm eating is also what he's having. Cereal, oatmeal, pancakes, bagel, rice, potatoes--we now share all meals.
He's also fallen down the stairs for the first time (only 3 or 4 of them, but he was not a happy boy).Another big milestone--he officially recognizes Jon as "Dad" now. When Jon comes home from work, he'll chant "Dad, dada, Dad" and follow him up the stairs.
Lucky me, he also has a name for me now! My name? "Dad". That's right. We are, collectively, "Dad".He's getting really good at standing without support. He's even taken a few steps to get to something. Once he realizes he's doing it, he panics and drops to a crawl. He'll be walking soon, which is crazy to think about.
In non-Seth related news, Jon ditched me and headed to a 3 week class in Virginia. Luckily he'll be able to come home on weekends. Seth & I thought we were going to join him for the next two weeks, but the place he's staying doesn't allow children. So we're keeping ourselves very busy and thanking heaven for our community pool.I'm currently trying to decide if taking on 14 piano students (8 full time, 6 part) makes me officially insane. Don't even bother trying to call me between the hours of 4 and 6pm until next summer. Which means I have to get all my projects done before September 8th. Good thing I'm a single mom for 3 weeks...
And in case you haven't noticed, this post also doubled as the official unveiling of Seth's one-year-old photos. These are just a few of my favorites--they all turned out SO well. Krystal, you're amazing. And you can never move more than a few hours away.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Big News!
at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I love the pictures! He is such a cutie. Congrats on a sleeping baby. Yay!!! I still think it is silly that you can't stay with Jon. What a bummer. Hope you survive! Poor little guy falling down the stairs. Hope he is okay. Sounds like it didn't stop him from climbing them again. Bummer! Oh, and I am still "Daddy" too so good luck with that one. He only says "Mommy" when he is upset about something. Everything else is "Daddy."
Yep, you can now officially have more children! Good job, Seth...you didn't want to be an only child!!! And, big boy, you are getting cuter and cuter all the time! Say hello to your "Dads" for me, buddy!
I love the pictures! I can't believe your baby is getting so old!
Um...that was really Amber, sorry!
These pictures are so cute! I miss him... I'm glad he didn't start walking as soon as I left. You better call me when he is officially walking.
Yay, finally he is sleeping through the night, I bet you feel like a new woman! We should go out and celebrate! I mean it. I should have known Krystal took those picures, she is an amazing photographer and that Sethers is simply the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!!!
Ooooh, congratulations on sleeping through the night!! It is amazing what a difference it makes, isn't it!! I love the pictures, too. He is so, so cute and those are great photos. And don't feel bad- Yoroko still calls me Dad sometimes. :)
That face you hate - I've seen it on Jon! It's the face he pulls when we want to play Apples to Apples or some other game of chance.
My Megan and Jon, He is getting cuter and cuter. I always said he was one of the cutest babies I've know. I am so happy he is sleeping through the night. We are all so much happier with a good nights sleep.
Yeah Seth for sleeping through the night! I am so happy for you and for your parents! Seth has grown up so much. He is a handsome little guy! We sure miss you! Good luck while Jon is gone! We will be thinking about you!
He is so cute Meg! I have not seen a picture of you for awhile though...at the present you are considered my friend the ghost Mom. :)
Post a Comment