Saturday, August 8th
(Caitlin, I swear our plans weren't official until the night before we left. We would have loved to bring you along!).
Since it was Marah's last weekend with us, we decided to do something fun--go to the beach! We took Caitlin's advice and headed to the Delaware Beachfront State Park instead of Rehoboth. Definitely a good move. Much less crowded, plus showers and bathrooms. The waves were better at Rehoboth, but for Seth's sake they were much better. He never got bowled over by an unexpected wave, which was his least favorite part of the beach.
Marley's husband, Carlos, was in Mexico with his family, so we took her along, too. (She didn't know it, but we really brought her along to entertain Seth in the backseat of the car. She's SO much more patient than any of the rest of us were). It was a long drive, especially since Seth refused to nap. Of course. We thought he would be a holy terror at the beach since he was sleep deprived, but he was so good.
He loved crawling along the cooler sand near the water. He entertained all the families sitting around us as he crawled amidst their beach towels and toys. I tried building him a sandcastle and letting him put shells on it, but he was much more interested in destroying it. Such a boy.
Oh, and he loved sticking his face in the sand. Explain that one to me.
We did have a little excitement this trip--unexpected injuries. Jon, Marley & I all got stung by a jellyfish at least once (Marley had it the worst) and Marah ticked off some crabs that kept grabbing her toes. Seth was the only one who survived unscathed. I must say, it wasn't nearly as painful as I expected--it stung a bit and itched like crazy, but was totally gone before we left (except Marley--she had two welts and they hurt for a long time).
The drive home was a blast. Seth spent most of the time screaming and/or whining profusely. Marley will never have children after that performance. We got home, cleaned ourselves up, put Seth to bed, and then played games. A nice way to end the day.
(And let me just add that I was the only one who didn't get sunburned. I would pat myself on the back, but I was still in trouble because I was the one who put sunscreen on Seth and Marley. Oops...)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Caitlin, you're going to kill me...
at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so gald that you went to that beach! (even though you forgot to invite me....sniff sniff) It's wonderful, isn't it? We'll have to go another time, when we have time to plan it.
Awwww how fun, you crack me up!!!! Sounds like a blast even amidst the Jelly Fish stinging and sunburn!
Post a Comment