July 21-23, 2009
I'm 2nd Counselor in our ward's Young Women Presidency, which means I get to help out with the 12 & 13 year old girls. Which just happens the be the awesomest group of girls. I have 14 girls and we see 13 of them if not all the time, most of the time. So, of course, I was so excited to go up to Camp with them.I didn't spend the night up there primarily because of Seth, but once I saw the cabin I realized there wouldn't have been room for me anyway! So instead I drove up and back every day. Jon & Marah were kind enough to watch Seth on the 21st so I could go up without having to worry about him.
The next day was a bit more complicated. I was helping Catherine with the First Years' dinner (tin foil dinners), and Jon was home sick. Which meant Seth & Marah got to come with me! Of course, he didn't sleep on the drive up like he was supposed to, so he was ridiculous. Luckily Marah was kind enough to push him in the stroller until he napped. It still wasn't a fun day for the little man--it was humid, raining, and he was tired. But our food was delicious, even if it did take a horribly long time to cook, thanks to the rain.
Day #3 started out terribly. I had a semi-emergency visiting teaching responsibility that ended up taking about an hour longer than I planned. Then I got home and Seth refused to nap. While I was downstairs listening to him scream, my computer froze up. Combine all that with the stress of needing to be up at camp? Yep, I had a mini-meltdown. Jon was very sweet--he came home from work even though he'd only been there a few hours (he'd taken the morning off because he wasn't feeling 100% yet). Which meant I got to spend all afternoon and evening with the girls.
I really had a good time. We played a LOT of volleyball (okay, we played with a plastic kid's ball and had no rules, but whatever) and enjoyed a delicious dinner that included potstickers. I was in heaven. I'm so glad I was able to go up and spend some time with them--the girls in our ward are amazing!
Favorite moment: While playing volleyball, the girls were invoking their "inner men" in order to perform the necessary grunts as they hit the ball. Cristin was having a hard time getting the ball to go over the net, so she made the following declaration:
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Seth goes to Girls' Camp
"My inner man is a pansy."
at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are so good with those girls! They are so lucky to have you in there with them. I'm glad you had a great time at girls camp, even through all the trials. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has meltdowns every now and then =) It's just nice to know, though I am sorry that you had one. You're the best!
Yeah for girls camp! I loved the girls comment, I have always been impressed with your quotes.... I miss your quote board, but this will do for awhile.....Nathan thought it was really funny too... I hope it is only the joke for the day...
Love that quote. Sorry Seth didn't have a good time at girls' camp. And hurray for husbands who can help with meltdowns. :)
Wait, I think dinner is almost done....ok, almost....almost! You were a great sport! Thanks so much!
and you said I looked like one of the girls......? speak for yourself. I didn't even notice you in the picture at first.
Post a Comment