Obviously there hasn't been a deluge of posts. I got sidetracked by a much more daunting project which I'm hoping to have finished tomorrow to surprise Jon. Don't worry--I'll let you in on the secret once Jon gets to see it.
I do, however, have to relate the following Seth story: He's very, very good at going up stairs. He can go down, but only if you first place him so he's in correct descent position (tummy to stairs, standing up). Otherwise he'll just sit at the top and yelp until I go get him.
Today when he woke up from his nap (or, more accurately, when I finally gave up and fetched him out of his crib where he was NOT napping) he didn't want to go downstairs. I tried to coax him down, but finally gave up and left him, knowing he'd start whining when he wanted to come down.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
So I lied.
It had been about ten minutes and I was hearing lots of giggles from upstairs. I decided I needed to go check on him in case he was having too much fun with something in my bathroom. I walked into the living room and there was Seth, sitting at the bottom of the stairs smiling up at me. Not only had he finally figured out how to start descending properly, he also managed to navigate the two landings that usually throw him off. All without a single whine or injury. I was very impressed. He was, too--he sat at the foot of the stairs and clapped for himself for a long time. Next step will be walking. I can't believe it...
Seth's cheeseball grin. I love it.
(A sneak peek of Seth's one-year-old pictures, taken once again by the talented Krystal. More to come!)
at 2:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That grin is absolutely precious!!
Ok, I can't get over all of the beautiful, wonderful blue on your blog. I adore that color. Simply adore it.
Yay, stairs! Good job Seth learning to go down. And I love the cheeseball grin. He is so cute!
That is such a cute story, I love how proud he was of himself. What a sweetheart!
Lucky Seth, his mom never let him go down the stairs backwards in his walker like yours did...
Post a Comment