The moment you've all been waiting for is here. You want to see our costumes? Well here they are:What's that? You don't know who we're supposed to be? Tsk, tsk. That's sad. But if it makes you feel any better, only about 6 people in our ward knew who we were last night. ("FBI Agents? That's pretty cool.")
I'll give you a few more hints.
How about our pumpkin? That's a pretty big clue.
How about our pumpkin? That's a pretty big clue.
Still not getting it? How about this photo of the back of Seth's costume:
Come ON, people! Okay, okay. Final hint:Yes, we are big X-Files fans. And honestly, who grew up in the nineties and WASN'T an X-Files fan? That's why I was so perplexed when no one knew who we were last night. For heaven's sake, our badges said "Fox Mulder" and "Dana Scully" AND had their actual pictures on them.
Granted, it did help when Jon walked around playing the X-Files theme song (he had it downloaded onto his phone). I think that was the best part of our costumes.
I knew hardly any of the youth would know who we were. But the adults? Especially the ones our age? COME ON PEOPLE! The 90's weren't that long ago!
I do have to say this: the people who did recognize us were awesome. Sis. Paul walked right up to me and said, "It's a good thing you're married. Otherwise I think my husband would marry you right now." Turns out they're huge X-Files fans. Made my night.
In case you're wondering, Seth is an alien. Do you know how hard it is to come up with an alien costume? I forgot his green hairspray at the Trunk or Treat, so no one understood what he was supposed to be. And his hair isn't completely green because the can of hairspray went crazy and wouldn't stop spraying. And yes, I did make his shirt myself. (As in the writing, not the sewing. Sewing is not one of my talents).
Going for the Mulder and Scully look: bored, yet concerned
14 comments:
If I had been at the trunk or treat, you would have hugged me...because I got it!!!!!
You look FABULOUS!
Curt totally knew who you were when I pulled up the picture for him. You all look great!
Yup, send me a treat. ;)
LOVE it! I still remember when the first movie came out ages ago. (Mostly due to the antics of one crazy friend attending UC Santa Cruz when it came out. It was finals week and she and her friends had planned to finish their tests together, turn them in, throw down their pencils, shout "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!" And walk hurriedly from class to go see the movie on opening day)
Yeah... X files!
You look awesome as an FBI agent. And I LOVE Seth's hair!
:)
I get a treat! ;) I was even Scully one year when I was in Young Women's and it was my favoritest costume ever. hehe Good choice. ;)
Dad and I both knew! Sorry we didn't check last night. I was cleaning up an avalanche of 3 photo boxies in my closet - don't ask... I twisted my ankle and only saved one. On the bright side, I did find the picture of you and my parents at your BYU graduation... Still searching for when we visited them on their mission in Kirtland.
I'm sure Alicia will figure it out immediately. She was the reason you were introduced to Xfiles.
Love the haircut. It's almost as short as you wore it when you met Jon.
I LOVE IT!!!!! I was the biggest X-Files fan ever! You totally nailed it. I would have gotten it :)
I totally get a treat! I was so excited when I read the title cuz I completely knew what you were! My favorite show ever! hehe! You guys looked awesome and Seth was such a cute little alien!
Your themed costumes are awesome! Maybe we'll be as cool as you next year and do something together : )
Awesome!!!
I knew who you were in the first pic. WELL DONE. Seth looks awesome too!
I hardly ever watched the X files and I knew who you were from the picture. Good job guys!!
Totally knew who you were. I was a big X Phile in middle school especially. Y'all rock.
I never saw the X-files (sorry), but you definitely look just like the picture!
Yeah..I was the one who said FBI agents...cool! But I was in college by the 90's with no TV so no watching of the X Files for me. So, I guess you can cut me some slack, right?
I got it from the picture but not the title. :) What a great idea, so clever!!! And I don't think your hair looks that bad... :)
Post a Comment