Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bethany's Cake

Since Beth will be in China for her 19th birthday, she asked me to make her a birthday cake before she left. She had great ideas--red velvet, fondant, cute little balloons... 

Well, all those things fell apart when Catherine woke up with a fever and a cold, putting a quick end to our plans to run to the store. And so Bethany was left with what I had hanging around the house: expired chocolate cake mix and Halloween colored icing.

Behold the majesty of Bethany's birthday cake:
\
I call it "Ninja Turtle Vomit"

Seth was VERY VERY VERY VERY excited: 
I forget how overwhelming little boys can be.
It's standard behavior around here!

Happy Early 19, Bethany! 

The kids helped place the candles: 

And out they go! 

Only one more year until we can stop pestering you about being a teenager!
Love you!

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

She always loved Ninja Turtles:D

Christy said...

I love it! You must have passed your love of Ninja Turtles to your sister.