Oh, my little Aaron. How can you possibly get any cuter? That red hair, those blue eyes, those delicious cheeks...I am so in love! So let's not talk about how you're growing up too fast or how you're almost half a year old, okay?
So what have you been up to this month? Well, I finally remembered we owned a Bumbo and decided to let you give it a try.
You were... Well, you were in the Bumbo.
Then we introduced you to Cola, and it was all good from there:
Actually, it wasn't.
I made the mistake of drinking some of that Coke and you made me PAY for it.
You've officially entered the grabbing stage. Nothing is safe anymore: my hair, Catherine's hair, the glass I'm drinking out of while holding you... Basically you're getting put down a lot more often now.
You spent some quality time with your buddy, Blake. You are both happy, chubby little boys:
And you decided it was time to start eating some solid food. We've been sneaking you things here and there and you were determined to have more. We obliged:
Rice cereal...is horrible:
Since then we've moved on to other stuff. You've tried bananas and applesauce (not a huge fan) and you LOVE mashed potatoes. You also love eating whatever soup we're having for dinner. Forget baby food--you want the good stuff!
You're currently somewhere between 6 month and 6-9 month clothing. Chubby.
Still no real nap schedule, but you are definitely going to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 pm. I always hope for later since you have a bad habit of waking up exactly twelve hours after you go to bed.
I think (knock on wood) you're starting to sleep in longer chunks at night. Still hoping for a little longer, but there was one lovely night you slept from 7-11 pm, then until 5 am and back to bed until 7 am. I could use some more nights like that. Generally you're still up every 3-4 hours at night.
I thought I was developing a strange rash on my hand. Then I realized it was from your tiny fingernails scratching at my hand while I held you. Scratch, scratch.
You have the most adorable curls on the top of your head. Crossing my fingers for those curls to stick around:
You've reached my second-least favorite nursing stage: the distraction stage. If you hear the faintest noise in the room, you immediately let go and start craning your neck trying to find its source. No more comfy mother's lounge chairs for me--I have to go to a silent, dark, empty classroom to nurse you!
You're grabbing for your toes and its adorable.
You make this awesome sound when you're tired or excited. You just open your mouth wide and gargle "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in this deep little voice.
You sing, you shriek, you laugh at your brother and sister. You are the happiest, sweetest little guy. I'm so glad you're here!
Love you, Chatter Choo.
2 comments:
LOVE the curl! Melted my heart when he smiled at me when skyping for Catherine's birthday.
You and Jon make adorable babies.
Post a Comment