Friday, February 28, 2014

Some Tidbits

Catherine had her three-year checkup today. She's 36.5 inches and 26 pounds, which puts her right at 50% for height and about 10% for weight. This explains why her pants are either floods or falling off her waist.

She was a champ and performed nicely for the doctor (one exception: she informed the doctor that she "can't" stand or jump on one foot. Apparently all that leaping and pirouetting she does around the kitchen doesn't count for some reason).

She ended up needing one shot. I was worried because I didn't think she needed any and hadn't warned her. How was I to guess that she would not only not cry, but would instead watch the entire proceedings with complete stoicism? It was slightly uncanny. I started wondering if my child was actually human for a minute there.

Now for Seth:

Today I gave him his first creative writing assignment, which he was VERY enthusiastic about (yay! I love any pleasant way to sneak writing into this boy's life). I had him dictate two sentences to me, which I then wrote down for him to copy.

This is what I got: "There was an old worm who lived in a cabin. He had a gun."

Well, that was...unexpected. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the story. (Seriously--I have no idea where this one is going).

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Safety pins... That's how I kept pants (even leggings)to stay up on you and Kenna.

Worm, cabin, gun - hunting birds?