Sunday, February 22, 2015

The House Saga: Miracles Happen

We had our house on the market Thursday morning. I kept the house immaculate just in case, but of course no one came. 

By Friday, however, we had a couple of showings.  Saturday we had an open house, which a few people came to (it was Valentine's Day, plus bitterly cold). Our Sunday showing cancelled due to a storm, but then we ended up with three on Monday (including one who showed up two hours late, so we were already home putting kids to bed). It was more than we ever expected.

Monday late afternoon/evening we went out looking at houses and out to eat since we couldn't be home. In the middle of dinner (crazy, horrible dinner with three kids who refused to stay in their seats), Jon got a phone call: someone had put an offer on our house! We'd only been on the market five days! 

After a bit of back and forth (they want our projector and sound system, so we asked for a slightly higher price), we signed and made it official! It's a bit of a longer wait than we were hoping (mid-April closing), but we're just so happy to be in this position. 

I'm loving not having to keep the house perfect, which means I can actually do things like school with Seth. I don't have to have the house immaculate anytime we leave for a short trip to the library. And I don't have to worry about Aaron needing a nap during a showing. 

We have been so, so blessed during this whole process.  Now just cross your fingers that the inspections go well and that nothing falls through...

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Amazing job on all of the house cleaning and preparation! What wonderful news that it sold so quickly! I'll be interested to hear how the next phase goes!

Cathy Mikesell said...

All that worrying about the short sales and foreclosures competing with your house. Someone smart wanted a "move in ready" home!