Saturday, February 21, 2015

West Virginia Christmas

Alternate Title: The Trip that Almost Wasn't

Daniel & Wendy and family drove down a few days before we were going to leave so the kids could play together. We had a blast hanging out together.

The night before we were supposed to leave, I started feeling sick. Didn't take long for me to realize it was the stomach bug. I hoped by some miracle that I would be the only one (ha!). Seth came in around 1 am with the announcement that he had thrown up. I cleaned it up and settled him in our room. 

The next morning we sent Daniel & Wendy on their way since we were obviously not going anywhere. But a few hours later (with no one else getting sick), we decided we might as well make the drive since we'd all just be sitting around doing nothing at home. Might as well sit around in the van!

We loaded up and managed to make it about 3/4 through the trip before Catherine threw up. Luckily I got it cleaned up with Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer. After that she kept a garbage can with her the entire trip (thankfully). 

The plan was just to quarantine ourselves in a room at Jon's parents', but I remembered that Stephen & Claudia (who lived just 30 minutes away) were in Peru for Christmas and their house was empty. And so (without their permission, which I got later!), we crashed at their place.

Jon had his turn that night. Only Aaron missed out on this one, possibly because they give little ones something for the rotovirus at their one-year vaccinations. 

After we cleaned & sanitized their entire house, we headed over to the Bloods. By some miracle, no one else caught this bug! And when I say miracle, I mean it. 

Once we were all feeling better, Grandpa & Grandma's trampoline was the perfect place for all the cousins to play. Of course, it wasn't too long after this that Catherine came in screaming from a mysterious injury to her leg...

(I still want one when we get our bigger house!)

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Lucky Daniel & Wendy to escape that flu!