I love having so many homeschool friends who find out about cool stuff and then invite me to go with them. My friend Mindy invited us to join her for a glassblowing field trip, which sounded super cool. I figured there would be a demonstration of some kind and maybe the kids could help. But I was so excited to find out the kids would get to make their own piece! Seriously: they did the whole thing from start to finish, not just a sort of "helper" in the process. I was so impressed!
Catherine chooses her colors
Heating the glass
(It was already hot outside, so it was REALLY hot)
Shaping the glass
Aaron's turn!
He did not enjoy the heat.
Also, observe his nice Sunday shoes.
He needed close-toed shoes and those were all we could find.
Seth shaping his cup
Stretching out the opening
The finished products:
Seth's glass, Catherine's pendant, Aaron's icicle
A better view of Seth's glass.
He planted wildflower seeds in it for me.
This is possibly the coolest field trip we've ever done! I love how many amazing things there are for my kids to experience locally.









1 comments:
definitely the coolest field trip ever!
Post a Comment