Sunday, July 22, 2018

Lady Baby

Grandma Cathy sent one of my old Cabbage Patch dolls and her clothes. 
Elise was in heaven.

What Grandma failed to send were shoes for Elise.
Being a clever girl, she improvised.
Doll shoes totally fit, even if they do make walking rather difficult.


Catherine never did the baby doll thing, so this is all new territory for me. Elise loves all baby dolls. My favorite part is how she immediately strips them down. I suppose she does the same thing herself, so why not her babies?

We told the girls that during the summer Elise would move into Catherine's room. I brought it up casually one afternoon and Catherine decided it would happen immediately. We moved all of Elise's clothes into the room and crossed our fingers that she would stay in bed. She didn't. I had to return her to bed several times and threaten her with a return to the crib. It took a week or so, but she's now a full-time big bed girl! 

It was a little sad for me. It's the first time I've ever moved a baby out of the nursery without the knowledge that there would be another baby taking her spot soon!

Elise's current favorite outfit.
For some reason it's highly offensive to Aaron.
"No, Elise! I hate that dress!"

"If I fits, I sits."

Elise needed a new swimming suit. I usually go for the cheapest ones I can find, but this one has ruffle sleeves and lemons! And so she got a new (overpriced) swimsuit because I'm a sucker for cute lemons and ruffles. 

We are constantly on our toes with this one, but I love every piece of our dinosaur cat!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Lemons and ruffles are worth it!