I wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull off Halloween since my kids were sick (AGAIN) with some random fever. We seriously spent all of October-December rotating between illnesses. One kid would get sick for a few days, then recover. Then a few days later, another kid would get it. Then the next.
Thankfully this time we managed to get the same sickness as the Knoxes, so they were totally fine with us continuing our Halloween dinner tradition!
I try to only do one set of involved costumes each year, but how could I resist when Catherine convinced Elise to be the Salt to her Pepper? Thankfully it was a super fast sewing project, especially once I remembered that fabric spray glue existed:
Their cute little shaker hats only lasted a few minutes in the wind outside,
so I'm glad I snapped pictures before we left!
Seth wanted to be a Viking. But a REAL Viking, which meant no horns on the helmet. Guess what's literally impossible to find in a costume?? Thankfully someone was selling this shield and helmet and he was thrilled. And so Sir Seth, the non-Viking knight was created:
(His shirt is grey, because ARMOR)
Sir Seth and Gabe the skeleton
Gabe kept wandering around with that empty-looking expression.
It was kind of terrifying.
Aaron wanted to be a Minecraft zombie with an axe.
Done:
(Making that Minecraft zombie head all those years ago
has been probably the best costume investment I've ever made).
It was supposed to be storming pretty heavily on Halloween evening, so we were pleasantly surprised to find the weather to be pleasantly warm and lovely. Just really, really windy. We were wishing we had stuck with our plan to do a fire pit on the driveway again. Oh well!
Elise and her best friend, Luke, ready to get some candy
Elijah passed out immediately, which is good since those cheeks don't need any candy:
Later that night I got a good shot of his adorable ghost outfit from Grandma Cathy:
Catherine went out trick or treating with Seth & Gabe this year. They got quite the haul (Catherine only came back because her bucket was full. She says she's using a pillowcase next year). It's fun to watch my kids growing up!









1 comments:
cutest red-headed ghost ever!
Post a Comment