Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Let's-a Go!

This year we decided to let the Knoxes pick the theme instead of dictating to them like we usually do (sorry, Knoxen). After some deliberation (Neverending Story?) and some serious pressure from Jon, they decided to go with a Mario Kart theme.

Life being what it is now, I tried to keep things simple this year. I did a lot of buying costumes and a lot of using what we already had. Sometimes I miss the elaborate costumes of years past, but with homeschooling and a baby, even this was almost too much! But in the end it's always worth the effort. 

We have to start with our star, Mario!

The moustache...I'm dying...

And, of course, Waluigi made an appearance:

Waluigi sneaking up on poor little Mario:

The beautiful Princess Peach:

Peach & Mario:

Catherine was very specific: she wanted to be Blue Toad.
After some research, I just bought a regular Toad costume and covered the spots.
Worked for her!

The running pose:
Also, she insisted that ALL of her hair be in the cap.
So there's a wig cap under the Toad hat. 

Elijah went as a Red Shell.

And, of course, Jon got the best costume:
As soon as they mentioned Mario Kart, he knew he wanted to be a Thwomp.
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

Group photo (minus me)

I went for a more abstract costume:
Rainbow Road!

I had lots of fun with the rainbow eyeshadow:
Then it was off to the church for Trunk or Treat!

Toad and Blue Toad:

Wario, Waluigi and a nerd with Nintendo hat and socks:

Best picture I could get of Luigi and Mario...

Timmy also made an appearance as Koopa Troopa:

He loves taking pictures so, so much:

The Bloxen group costume:
Paul was Yoshi, Craig was a Question Box, Melissa was a Star, and Bekah was a Chomp.

Happy Trunk or Treat!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

another clever themed costumes. I even knew most characters :D