Monday, February 27, 2023

Aaron's Birthday Party

Aaron's birthday parties are always super fun because the weather is so nice! He invited several families to come play games, eat dinner, and just hang out together for an afternoon/evening. 

First, there was a fun game of soccer:

Followed by a scavenger hunt, run by Jon:
I'm not sure exactly what the rules were, but the best part was watching a couple of kids haul a huge chunk of a tree trunk into our yard. It's actually still sitting out by our swingset five months later...

The theme, of course, was gems.
I bought edible gems off Etsy. 
They were not delicious, but they looked cool!

Getting ready to sing to the birthday boy:

Opening gifts with assistance from Paul, Blake, Elise, and Bennett:

Of course you have to have ring pops at a gem party!
What I failed to notice is that some of the ring pops were designed to stain your tongue.
Or your entire face:

I'm not sure who had more fun at Aaron's birthday party: the adults or the kids! It was such a lovely evening with really lovely people. 

0 comments: