We decided it was probably a good idea for Isaac and Elijah to drive off together.
What could possibly go wrong with two toddlers in a Jeep?
Rayne & Joanna also joined us at Elizabeth's. They're getting married in November, so this was our chance to induct Rayne into the Blood Family. We let the future nieces and nephews handle the initiatory hazing:
Rayne survived with much graciousness.
He's a keeper for sure!
In the afternoon Elizabeth took us to this really cool creek/river area. I was not expecting much because...Nevada. But there was enough water for us to float tubes or small kayaks down part of the way! Elijah especially loved kayaking and demanded many trips.
Catherine and Ashley found something better to do: collecting creepy crawdads:
Those suckers were HUGE.
Creating a crawdad habitat in the kayak.
They were initially hesitant to grab said giant crawdads, but then a kind man whose family was also hanging out by the water stepped in with some pro tips. Catherine was very proud of herself!
Catherine's crawdad:
The snack crew enjoying some sunshine:
Perfect little place to spend an afternoon!
Other things I want to remember about our time in Paradise Valley:
-having a chance to just sit and chat with Aaron & Ashley, Elizabeth, Joanna & Rayne
-Elizabeth's magical disco shower
-The sheer size of the house. I am still not sure I could accurately count all the rooms in that house (it used to be a bed and breakfast)
-going on runs with Elizabeth and Ashley. They aren't kidding about that whole running at higher elevations thing!
-going mountain biking with Kade and Aaron one evening. SO MUCH FUN. Definitely slightly terrifying since the ground was so dusty and there were loose rocks, but I was never seriously worried. Probably because Kade did not take us on the "straight down the hill" section of the trail that he normally goes on.
-Kade's fridge full of meat. And eating the most delicious pot roast I have ever tasted made from said meat.
-Another lifetime achievement: I PULLED BACK ELIZABETH'S COMPOUND BOW. I can't remember the weight (40 or 50 pounds), but I felt like a champion. Less of a champion after watching Elizabeth pull it back like it was nothing, but even Joanna (she who beat me at arm wrestling at age 8) struggled to pull it back! So this is right up there with my 5 on my AP Calc test.
The bruise I got after shooting said bow and letting the string hit my forearm.
We loved our time at Kade & Elizabeth's. My kids can't wait to go back again. Thank you so much for hosting all of us, Elizabeth!










0 comments:
Post a Comment