My little sister thinks that removing her birthday from Facebook will prevent people from remembering it. Lucky for her, I have it written on my calendar, too...
My beautiful little sister Kenna turns 21 today! In celebration, I will unabashedly plagiarize from various other blogs, and list 21 things you probably don't know about Kenna:
1. Kenna was a disgustingly attractive child—big blue eyes, golden ringlets, and adorable thumb-sucking action. Thank heaven she eventually cut off her hair and eyelashes so the rest of us could possibly be considered “the cute one.” She also cut off the cat’s whiskers for good measure.

2. Kenna is very good at making rude comments at an almost inaudible level. This talent was quite useful during childhood fights in the backseat of the car.
3. When she was in middle school, she informed us that she wanted glasses and braces. We lovingly obliged, and threw in some headgear for good measure.
4. Kenna’s hair comes in a wide array of colors, including dark purple and eye-searing platinum blond. Last I saw, it was brown, but it has been two months…
5. She loves animals so much that she brought home two dogs. Then she lovingly allowed my mom the privilege of taking care of them. She also loves rodents, cats, and lizards.
6. She dressed up as Princess Jasmine to march in the Pioneer Day parade. Unfortunately, I can’t laugh too much, considering I was dressed as a clown.
7. Kenna is a runner. When we made her angry, she would take off in a full sprint regardless of where we were or what she was wearing.
8. When she was in high school she swore she would never go to BYU. Hah.
9. She once told me that all my clothes were ugly. I believed her until I came home from EFY and found that she had raided my closet.
10. I’ve always believed that Kenna was smarter than me. It just took her until college to figure it out.
11. Kenna has an extensive and detailed memory, which she often used to her advantage in arguments with our parents.
12. Kenna is quite proud of her status as the tallest Mikesell girl. I’m still counting on Beth to one-up her.
13. She once took a cooking class at a local high school. She now claims to have forgotten it all (which I think is a weak excuse to get out of cooking for the family during holidays).
1
4. She actually beat Jon at Mario Kart one time and will never let him forget it.
15. She can play the piano. If she tells you otherwise, she’s lying.
16. Kenna has the gift of interior decorating (a gift I did not receive). I’m working on getting her out to Maryland to decorate the house we will (hopefully) be buying soon.
17. She used to tease me that all my boyfriends were skinny nerds. I could easily counter with the observation that none of her boyfriends had necks.
18. Kenna has worked at Taco Bell, Sears, a modeling agency, and Liberty Square. So, obviously, she’s going to be a doctor when she grows up.
19. During one of my yearly Christmas plays, I conned Kenna into dressing up as a giant snowman. I even got her to wear the oversized sombrero my dad had acquired somewhere.
20. I honestly believe she can text in her sleep.
21. She may actually be worse at Halo 3 than I am.
Happy 21st Birthday, Kenna! We love you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment