Don't EVER try to buy a house when you're pregnant. The frustrations and disappointments naturally associated with this horrible process are even worse when you have pregnancy hormones to augment them.
See this lovely picture?

This is in a townhome Jonny & I looked at this weekend. It was gorgeous, and this bathroom was my dream come true. Every other home has bathrooms that look like this:

Claustrophobically small.
After a long discussion and lots of prayers, we decided to make an offer. I was so excited and waited all day to hear back from our realtor...only to find out that someone else bid on it THIS WEEKEND and the seller had accepted their offer.
Cue pregnancy hormones.
I cried for 40 minutes until Jon came home. It's frustrating because nothing else in our price range is this nice or new (the housing market in Maryland hasn't been hit too hard yet). I know this probably means we're supposed to be somewhere else, but for the moment I'm going to cry about that bathtub.
Claustrophobically small.
After a long discussion and lots of prayers, we decided to make an offer. I was so excited and waited all day to hear back from our realtor...only to find out that someone else bid on it THIS WEEKEND and the seller had accepted their offer.
Cue pregnancy hormones.
I cried for 40 minutes until Jon came home. It's frustrating because nothing else in our price range is this nice or new (the housing market in Maryland hasn't been hit too hard yet). I know this probably means we're supposed to be somewhere else, but for the moment I'm going to cry about that bathtub.
5 comments:
Adrian and I once cried about a house that didn't even have a working bathroom. It was such a absolute dump, but it was also so lovely and you could see the river, and it was pre 1900. Neither of us were pregnant and we still cried. So long story short, you don't have to be embarrassed over crying about a house you like.
I.WANT.THAT.BATHTUB -
Wait! Allow me to clarify. I want A bathtub. Period.
Megan, just keep lying... I mean telling yourself that the right place will fall into your lap at the right time. Sincerely, I believe that. Good luck and it's okay to cry all the time. Chocolate helps.
I'm so sorry Megan! I know how it feels to finally feel good about a house and put in an offer, only to find out that it's already gone. So disappointing! In our case, something MUCH better came up later on, and we're so grateful we didn't get the first house! It took about a month before I was over the first house, but then it was worth the wait in the end. Good luck--it is a very stressful process to buy a house! It will all work out the way it should though. It's always worked out for us, and I'm sure it will for you too. Good luck in the meantime while you have to wait and have faith!
I'd cry, too, if I lost out on a bathtub like that. Hang in there. Maybe the next one in your price range will have enormous walk in closets in every bedroom and a fantastic kitchen instead!
Spencer is telling the truth. I cried for weeks over that house.
Have you talked to a Lender yet for your loan? If you have--you need to have your interest rate locked in! This doesn't mean that you are committed to that loan at that price or anything, it just means that what ever you do end up doing, your interest rate won't change--even if you don't have a property yet, they can put it in as TBD. Just get it locked in now because interest rates are going up and going fast!
Post a Comment