I feel like I'm posting every day! Life just got interesting all of a sudden and I'm trying to keep up.
Exciting news of the day (well, of yesterday, actually):
We bought a house! Yay!
It was our second choice (and a close second, at that). I would post pictures, but they took down their listing before I could download them. You'll have to wait until April! They're building a house, and we're renting until the end of April, so we're in no rush to get in.
I'll give you a basic description:
It's a townhome, but 90% of the houses around here are. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, huge finished basement w/fireplace, nice wood floors on the main level, and a huge kitchen! We don't know the exact square footage, but we're guessing it's around 2,000.
It's a little older than we would like, it's not in the best school district, and it only has one bathroom on the top floor, but we got a good deal. I still can't believe we're grown up enough to buy a house (much less have a baby, I suppose).
Two more days until the official ultrasound! My whole family has decided it's a boy, but I'm still holding out for a girl.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
News Update
at 6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, congratulations on your first house. That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures. You better let us know right away when you find out whether you are having a boy or a girl :).
Congrats on buying a house! I'm totally jealous, well jealous that you're settle down in a place. The whole house buying thing scares me to death but I'm glad you found a great place. I'm gonna guess girl just to be on your side. :) We're planning on heading up to DC to do temple stuff and hang out if you want to meet up. It would probably be over a weekend say in two weeks. Let me know if you'd be up for it!
Exciting! Congrats!! And what the HECK are your names you like???
That's so exciting that you guys found a house! So you move in in April? I'm excited to see pictures when you can get them. It'll be nice when we can finally move out of a Provo college apartment and live in a real house. Congrats!
Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully you'll win the gender battle!
CONGRATS! I'm so jealous. I want to own a house! Well, that is just awesome. There's no doubt you're an adult when you have a baby and a mortgage! Eek! We're all grown up now! Weird. Anyways, I hope you have a girl because girls are super sweet (but I am a little biased considering I have a baby girl....)
wow a house! I cannot wait until we can have a house. It will be so fun for you to PAINT (that is one of the things I am looking forward to the most). Have fun at your ultrasound...remember to drink lots of water for a clearer picture! My vote is girl (I like to go against the odds)
Yes. Thank you. :)
Aaah! That means your ultrasound is TODAY. There better be a post tomorrow... :) I'm hoping for a girl for you, too. Girls are fun.
Max started sleeping through the night, without his pacifier, so Spencer and I are feeling much more sane. It's amazing how much more efficient we are when we have more sleep. He got me fed and out the door this morning in 20 minutes. It used to take 50, because we'd come downstairs in the morning and look at each other, and then we'd wander around for awhile and do some random stuff before we'd remember that I was supposed to be getting ready for work. Sleep helps you focus. See what you have to look forward to? Anyway, what it really meant this morning was that I got to play with Max for half an hour because I was ready to go long before the carpool arrived!!
Congratulations on the house!! That's really exciting. I look forward to pictures in April or whenever. I know what you mean- can I really be this grownup? Last year I was driving somewhere with Yoroko and talking to her in the back seat and I realized that I do so many things that my parents, the real grownups do. I have kids that I talk to while I'm driving. I have a mutual fund. I balance the checkbook. I'm saving for retirement. I think about college tuition for my kids...
What happened to me? When did I turn into a responsible adult?!? A mortgage will just be one more nail in the coffin. :)
Congratulations on buying a house! It is a scary step, but a fun one! I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment