Last minute guesses, anyone?
My dad and Jon are quite proud of themselves. And I was actually excited (I was a little nervous that I would cry if it wasn't a girl--you never know with pregnancy hormones). Everything looked good, although he wouldn't roll over, so they couldn't measure the spine. The heart rate is 139 and I am right on target for my due date. It's still a little unreal at the moment. But I'm having a boy!
I'll leave you with my dream from last night that Jon and I both found quite amusing:
I was watching a woman interviewing Ron Paul on CNN. The topic? His views on heartburn during pregnancy and whether they were conservative enough.
No more politics before bedtime for me. Oh, and does anyone have a good heartburn remedy? Tums are OUT and I am desperate (I swear just drinking water gives me heartburn).
15 comments:
Oooh, heartburn fun! Tums worked for me so I have no further ideas. My mother drank Maalox from the bottle, my dad told me. It's supposed to mean a baby with a lot of hair...which means haircuts!! (see my latest blog entry)
A boy! Fun stuff! Did you know that Camilla Adams has learned to play xbox in a basic way because she has a boy and not a girl? I think you might be getting better at MarioKart. Or maybe he'll just grow up and stomp you at age four. :)
Gas X helped. Ask your Dr the strongest thing you can take. BOYS ARE THE BEST!!
Baby boys are the best! I also had killer heartburn so I was popping tums like candy, but I know water can make it worse so I strayed away from too much water and did juices instead. Maalox worked for my sister in law but I heard if it gets real bad your doc. can prescribe some heavy duty pill that you take once a day and knocks it out. March 1st for the DC temple would probably work best for us. We'd drive up friday night and then do the temple saturday morning. Wanna do lunch or something afterwards?
Congrats Megan on having a boy! You still have plenty of opportunities for having a girl later :). I still can't believe Derrick and I find out in a couple of days. I think I'll be freaking out the whole time I'm at the doctor. Good luck with the heartburn thing.
Yay! Congrats! Boys are their own kind of fun! They can be so fun to dress up in those cute little suits and sweater vests. :) Anyways, I didn't get heartburn until my last trimester and Tums worked most of the time. But eating little snacks between meals also helped prevent me from getting heartburn in the first place...
Boys ARE the best, just like Anne said! And I was just like you...holding out for a girl, wondering if I'd cry if it was a boy, but I wouldn't change having a boy for anything! It's weird to imagine having a girl now! Congrats!!!
Oh, and thanks! Allie is gorgeous! :) And her eyes are a greyish blue right now, but I'm sure she's doomed to end up with brown eyes.
A boy! How fun! Congratulations! Do you guys have any names picked out yet?
Congrats on the boy! A fun thing about boys (since you can't go wild with all the girl stuff)- Don't go to old navy to buy clothes because you will just get depressed at how over whelming the girl section is and how you CAN"T find the boy section. Gap has a little better amount and they make the CUTEST little boy dress shirts that snap like a onezie, they will never come untucked. Since having a little boy I have loved boy church clothes (sweater vests and shinny black shoes..etc) Gymboree (although very pricey) has equal girl and boy selection and filled with cute church clothes. So about the long comment, but you've gotta know. Boys are so great and MUCH MUCH more mild tempered than girls. About the heart burn...liquid maylox worked for me, but I hear if you really complain to your doctor they will write you a prescription for a miracle drug!
Yea for BOYS! You'll love it. It is such a joy watching your boy grow and try to be just like his dad.
Are you planning on coming to Utah anytime soon so we can have a shower for you? That would be so fun!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. How rude that heart burn is already plaguing you. I guess I can't complain about mine. Pepcid AC, Tums, Zantac... were all deemed as being safe by my O.B. She suggested that I take a pepcid in the morning and evening. I haven't had to do that, but for instant relief, tums is best for me.
Oh!!
My!!!
GOSH!!!
Ok, that real life baby is INSIDE of you?! You still are so tiny of course- so I can't believe you have like a full body shot of the lil' pumpkin!
Names! I need names! Say them out loud with Blood to make sure they sound ok. You'd be amazed at how many parents DON'T say the first & last name together. I've been in too many elemenatry classrooms & primary classes.
Yes yes yes! Now you know what name to use!!
YEA FOR BOYS!!! =)
I had to sleep on my left side only with a big pillow, but that didn't really help with heartburn, I just got it every time I tried laying on my right, so it just prevented it slightly....
We'll need to exchange notes soon. I can barely believe I am not still pregnant...
Abella Bridal didn't open until April '06 so that's why you hadn't heard of it when you got married. Sad, huh? Alysse's is so unbelievably gross. They always have a very few pretty dresses, but that's it. And the store is ick.
Post a Comment