Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hanging Out

Most days we just relaxed and enjoyed family & sunshine!

Catherine & Grandpa

Seth in his sandbox--he was in heaven!
He would create entire worlds and then destroy them by flood and earthquake...boys... 

My grandparents were able to come down to spend Thanksgiving with us! Grandpa spent most of his time "meditating" on the couch. Seth and Catherine did a great job of covering him with "blankets" or keeping him well-supplied with toys and fake food. 

 Seth keeping Grandpa warm:

Conveniently enough, the Carnahan's hotel had a pool! We waited for a lovely day in the high 70s to go.

Seth and Uncle Brian being Black Widow Sharks
(Uncle Brian was the only one who could tempt Seth out of the hot tub and into the pool): 

Our fantastic group shot: 

Seth somehow convinced Grandpa to open up his 10+ year old Lunar Landing K'Nex set.
Little did Grandpa know what he'd gotten himself into...
He had to recruit Marah & Stephen to assist him: 

After many hours, it was completed!
Seth was thrilled (especially with the Rover--it's a car!)
Of course, not long after that it started to "get old" (translation--Seth wants to destroy it).
I'm pretty sure Dad refused, but I can't say I ever saw it again...

And then there's Catherine in her first pigtails: 
And yes, I tried to get the comb out of her mouth.
Not. Happening.

1 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

Grandpa's eyes can't read the instructions to completely repair the 'crashed' lunar lander. Maybe next time Marah & Stephen visit!