My mom has a family pass to the zoo (which I think she purchased just for our annual trips). Catherine LOVES animals, so I was excited to take her to the Tucson Zoo.
We hit it on a good day--a lot of the animals were out moving around. Our first stop was the tiger--the same one that sent Seth into hysterics a couple of years ago when we visited.
No hysterics for Catherine.
It's just a big meow-meow, after all.
This tiger was not afraid of us at all. He was pacing right in front of the fence:
Seth was still uneasy about the tiger.
He got Grandma to chauffeur him to the next display:
Coolest part of the trip:
We just happened to walk past the giraffes during open feeding time.
I paid them $2, they handed Seth some carrot sticks, and this is what we got:
I was actually a little jealous.
Princess watching the zebras with Daddy & Grandpa
Seth is more interested in rock-climbing than watching animals.
And my mom totally didn't stick her arm in bird poop right before this picture.
Not at all.
I'll spare you most of the animal pictures, but this one has to be shared:
Giant tortoises, staring into our souls.
So awesomely creepy.
And because apparently the zoo itself isn't fun enough, they've installed a playground in the middle of it:
Then it was off to see Seth's favorite animal at the zoo:
A water wheel.
Not sure what it is with this kid and things that spin, but it runs DEEP.
Then it was on to Catherine's favorite thing at the zoo:
Duck feeding.
She was SO happy:
Seth liked making the ducks fight over his food:
And, just for fun:
January 2010
November 2012
Just seeing those pictures makes me sad. Is he so big already?
Last animal picture:
We could hear this monkey across the entire zoo.
He was whooping and hollering and swinging all over the place.
Last activity before we left was sliding down the exit sign:
Not it's original intent, but definitely what it was being used for.
Then it was time to relax with a bit of Halo:
(Their faces! It kills me!)
Also, on a totally unrelated note:
I got my little sister hooked on Doctor Who.
In fact, I had her in tears over Doctor Who.
Victory is mine!
+Seth+at+the+zoo.jpg)
3 comments:
You made Bethany's day with the bird poop story. She also is highly offended that you would tell your blog readers that she cried. Good job!!!
Dr Who rocks! I had no idea you were a fan!
Derrick and I recently started watching Doctor Who. It's hilarious.
Post a Comment