(Not the best picture, I know. Newborns are so hard to photograph!)
Dear Little Aaron,
Your first month of life has just sped by. With a big brother and sister to keep up with, I have a feeling you're going to be all grown up before I can catch my breath.
We love having you in our home. You are such a mellow guy--you only cry when you're hungry (or when we use cold wet wipes, but you got over that quickly). You LOVE to eat: I nurse you every two hours around the clock, with very few exceptions. But I'm okay with being up every two hours at night because you have always just naturally gone to bed at night--once you're asleep, you don't wake up except to eat until morning. Such a blessing.
Your brother and sister adore you. Dad & I spend all day protecting you from too many loves & kisses. They would hold you all day if they could.
Welcome to the world, little man. We love you so!
Here's what you're up to at one month:
*eating, sleeping, and filling diapers like a champ. In fact, you enjoy making sure everyone in the room knows how often you fill your diapers. You also like to nurse while filling your diaper, which means sometimes you wake up every hour just because you have something you need to get out. I could live without this little game, but what can you do?
*You also pee through your diapers almost every night. Yes, we put you in a bigger size. Doesn't matter. In fact, one night I DOUBLE-DIAPERED you. You still peed through. Aaron: 1, Mom: 0.
*You take a pacifier. You don't love it yet, but you'll take it after some convincing.
*Your favorite place to sleep? Our bed. Pillowtop mattresses are supposed to be bad for babies, but you sure love it.
*You love to be walked around with your head dangling over our arms so that it kind of jiggles all around. Fastest way to knock you out.
*You had a pretty impressive case of baby acne. It seemed to be heat-related: you would look a lot worse on hot days and things would clear up if you cooled down.
*You HATE being on your tummy. This includes burping or being carried facing our shoulders. You'll immediately start craning your neck in an attempt to escape. Benefit? You have very strong neck muscles and fairly good head control.
*You also hate your car seat. Apparently we did not have one of those "I fall asleep any time you drive in the car" babies.
Stats at 2 weeks (since that's the last time we measured you): 8 lbs. 7 oz. (can't remember the height--21 inches, probably). Your pediatrician was very, very impressed with you. Not every baby can gain 28 ounces in 11 days. Chubby little boy #2, here we come!
2 comments:
Newborns are so hard to photograph, but he is a lovely, chubby, handsome little guy!
What a sweetie. So glad that your older kids are loving him.
Post a Comment