Yes, I was crazy enough to attempt sugar cookies:
They actually did an excellent job of not trashing my kitchen this year!
Co-op was the day before Halloween, so we decided to have a Halloween party with all our friends. Unfortunately, due to the flu and various other contagions, co-op was down to just Seth and Briella. We decided to party anyway and I'm glad we did! The kids had a blast decorating cookies and wrapping each other up like mummies:
The big siblings wrapped the little siblings first
Big kids with their mummified little siblings:
Then it was Seth's turn:
Three mummies:
Three mummies (with Seth's face uncovered this time):
Aaron also got mummified, although he wasn't awake to notice:
Then the best part--pretending the toilet paper shreds were snow and tossing them around:
They would have done this the rest of the day if we'd let them...
On Halloween I continued my annual tradition of inviting myself to someone else's house for dinner and trick-or-treating. This year we partied with the Knoxes again. Some brilliant administrator in the school system decided to give the kids Halloween and the day after off of school (seriously--BRILLIANT--my little sister would have killed to have her kids off school those days). Melissa and I decided to start our partying early since her kids were out of school! First, we decorated some of those cookies the kids and I made:
Catherine wasn't so much into the decorating as she was the eating:
After a fun and delicious dinner, it was time for trick-or-treating!
Buttercup and the Dread Pirate Roberts could barely hold still long enough for a picture:
(you can't tell, but Catherine made me put sparkly hairspray in her hair.
That was our compromise--she really wanted blue hairspray)
Aaron & I stayed behind and manned the house while the trick-or-treaters headed out.
He did wear a mummy costume (no way we were shoving him back in Vizzini again):
We also caught his adorable little smile on camera for the first time!
I'm so in love!
The kids returned with a nice stash of candy and we headed home while they ate as much as they could open without assistance. The good news is that Melissa already invited us over for next Halloween, so I won't have to invite myself again! Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
We were suppose to make cookies before I left - you are a very brave mom of a newborn!
It was also fun to know the secret Halloween costumes! I'll have to come visit next October ;)
Looks like a fun Halloween! And nothing beats wrapping up like mummies!!
Post a Comment