Friday, November 1, 2013

Aaron Comes Home

After a longish night with a newborn (so glad my mom was there to hold my fussy baby for part of the night), I was very, very glad to be heading home. So was Aaron:
I love the little hat they gave him!

Leaving the hospital

And here we are in all our glory, the five member Blood family: 
Man, we are photogenic.

Aaron's brother and sister were very excited to have him home. 
He was given many, many gifts, which he totally noticed and appreciated: 

Seth was very, very, VERY, VERY excited to have Aaron home: 

Holding Aaron: 

My chubby little man, home at last: 

And guess who warmed up to her little brother: 

Jon, "playing" with Aaron: 

Scenes from life with three kids:

 Grandma gives Catherine & Seth their milk while Mommy & Aaron sleep in:

Aaron is frequently given important items by his big sister while he's napping: 

She's gone from refusing to touch him to constantly asking to hold him: 
Her favorite part? Helping change diapers.
I get in a lot of trouble if I change a diaper without her.

Building with blocks in the basement: 
Seth learned this face from his friend Stephen.
I hate it.

A lot of holding this sweet little boy: 

And, while Mom is sleeping, Dad & Grandma take the 'big' kids to help clean the church: 

So far, we're surviving just fine.
But probably just because my mom is here cleaning the house, doing the laundry, feeding my children...

2 comments:

Pierce Family said...

I absolutely love this post. You did such a great job capturing all those everyday moments of introducing a new baby to the family and how siblings react. I love that Seth and Catherine give him little gifts...so sweet and cute!

Cathy Mikesell said...

We should have taken a picture of the day that Jon came home from work and ALL of us were still in our pajamas, but the laundry and dishes were done ;)