Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lohr's Orchard

When I was in the hospital less than 12 hours after giving birth to Aaron, I suddenly got this burst of energy. The product of this energy? A field trip to Lohr's Orchard for our homeschool co-op! We had done this particular trip two years ago and I loved it. Pick your own apple and pumpkin, plus a hayride and a cup of cider, all for $3? Sold!

As I mentioned before, we tried this trip a couple of weeks earlier, only to have it cancelled due to rain and a potential tornado. But this time we had PERFECT weather. It even ended up being a bit too warm for the sweater I wore that day. 
Catherine's favorite seat: her daddy

Grandpa Russell took over Aaron duty the entire ride

Marley, me, Seth, Emma, Jon & Catherine
(Marley is not a homeschooler, but she's awesome, so we invited her anyway)
((Tracie--we should have invited you! I keep forgetting you're not in a co-op! Next time...))

Mom, Jon & Catherine searching for the perfect apple

Jon helps Catherine get the best one

My apple is as big as my head!

Catherine loved being in the hay

Grandpa took Seth & Aaron to find green apples

Group shot in the orchard

Like I said--it got a bit warm when the sun came out...

Possibly Seth is getting a bit too big for my lap.

Catherine insisted on burying her apple in the straw.
It was her "nest" and we were forbidden to touch it.

In the barn, waiting for the cider
(Emma adores Seth and is constantly at his side. Seth loves Emma, but not quite with the same intensity...)

Cider...om, nom, nom...
Seriously--this stuff is liquid gold. I will pay a lot of money for Lohr's Cider.

Adorable co-op friends

Me & my little pumpkin

The best of our family shots

The best of the grandparent/grandkid shots

And here's the sad part--my parents had to go home that afternoon. There was much unhappiness from all parties involved. Catherine wandered around the house for days looking for Grandpa & Grandma.

I have no idea what I would have done without my mom here. She flew in Saturday night--we left for the hospital to have Aaron Sunday evening. For an entire month she was Mom to my two older kids: getting them ready in the morning, keeping them entertained while I napped, helping me go shopping, and, of course, keeping my house spotless and my laundry done. Just having another adult around to talk with was awesome! I dreaded the day when she left.

Obviously we've survived, but the kids are a bit more neglected, the house hasn't been clean since she left, and I'm a little more tired. Mom, thank you. And can we please not live so far away from each other?

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Okay, is it terrible that it make me happy that your kids made you sing "I'm so sad when Grandma goes home". Catherine finally liked ME!!!