Monday, August 25, 2014

Shutters, Shutters, Shutters

I'm growing to really hate the shutters on the front of our house. Sure, they look nice and everything, but the stupid things keep blowing off the house. Putting them back up is a pain as it is. Repairing them when they fall off and break is a bigger pain. And replacing them when they fall off AGAIN and break AGAIN and we lose a piece is expensive. And a pain, since our shutters are a custom color and have to be painted.  Nothing quite as fun as spending a weekend painting and hanging shutters...

Aaron enjoys the show.
Not really--he was a horrible whiny baby who wouldn't let me help Jon at all.

Jon installs the freshly-painted shutters with the help of Logan 
(a young man from the ward who we hired to help due to Aaron's awesomeness)

Catherine LOVES it when I take pictures of her.

Helping clean and paint the shutters

Why yes, that is a screwdriver touching my $350 lens.
Thank you, Catherine.

Warrior princess 

Seth got bored of the painting quickly.
He spent the day playing Legos in the house instead.

At least our shutters look nice and shiny now, I guess...

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

I'm guessing that shutters will not be on your next house :D