(Sorry for the blur--my lens died about two minutes after this picture was taken)
Oh, my little Aaron man. You are just a funny little boy. You are just determined to do things your own way and on your own timetable. It's a good thing you're adorable because you're getting a little old for all this "carry me around all the time--I'm helpless!" nonsense.
Here's what you're up to at 10 months old:
*consistently taking two good naps a day, usually 1.5-2 hours each
*smacking your lips when you're hungry or see something you want to eat (like Dad's peanut butter cookies)
*rolling is your primary method of transportation. I've watched you roll back & forth repeatedly in a calculated effort to reach some object. It's not a very efficient method, but it's all you've got.
Trying to lure you to crawl with every toy we own.
*you have also recently started scooting on your bum when sitting up. Still not sure if it's intentional or just a by-product of excitement/whining.
*you're sitting up pretty well, but we still don't trust you. Mostly because you're constantly lunging for things, falling over & smacking your head. You have GOT to learn to creep, crawl, or cruise, buddy.
*I also still don't trust you sitting in a shopping cart, which means you're still in your car seat, taking up 99% of the room in the basket. 10 months old and still can't sit in a shopping cart...sigh...
*going to bed around 6:30-7:00, waking up twelve hours later. This usually involves one or two nursings at night, usually around 9-10 pm or 5:30 am. I hate when you decide to wake up at 6:30 am.
*you now refuse to nurse when waking up from a nap. Nursing is only for going to sleep, or when you wake up after sleeping all night.
*if you don't stop biting me when you nurse, I'm going to wean you at ten months old. I actually dread nursing you.
*the only baby food you now eat is oatmeal, which I mix with yogurt or applesauce.
Looking chubbier than you actually are
*still twelve month clothes, size three diapers
*you are a side sleeper. You're the first one of our kids to side-sleep as a baby.
*highlight of your day: Daddy coming home. You rock and babble with joy, then whine until he picks you up
Playing Babyzilla with Seth.
He builds a town and you destroy it.
*working on your head-shaking skills, although you don't associate it with "no" yet. But it does make you fall over if you get going fast enough.
Just two more months until you're one...how do you feel, Aaron?
"For reals, Mom?!"
(And right after this, my fancy camera lens died...thank heaven for warranties!)



2 comments:
Aunt Bubba says you need to try luring him with food ;)
So dang adorable. I think it's so funny that he hasn't learned to crawl yet. hee hee hee. But those big blue eyes! So cute. And if you're hanging in there with the nursing, good for you. When Max started chewing at four months, I quit. Turned out that he preferred formula anyway.
Enjoyed reading all the posts you put up last week.
Post a Comment