Our best friends/practically cousins the Knoxes bought a home just a month or so after we did. We coordinated nicely: same ward, same schools. But we also coordinated our yards nicely: we have the perfectly flat, huge soccer/trampoline/playset yard. They have the sledding hill/fire pit/woods/creek to explore yard. It works out very nicely!
During a particularly miserable, humid day, the Knoxes invited us to come play in the creek. I had the three Hughes kids while their parents closed on their house, so it was a perfect activity for a bunch of kids.
Lots of mud and water.
Seth and Paul.
There may have been some contention between these two.
I blame Seth, since Paul is all of three years old.
Guess who was the most popular kid at the creek?
Hanging out with Emma.
The ever-popular duck face selfie
Brie's turn
Taylor's turn.
I only got Elise when she needed to nurse or nap.
It took Aaron a while to brave the wetness of the water, but he did it!
And then, tragedy struck.
While we all got devoured by mosquitoes,
only Aaron was lucky enough to get stung by a hornet.
Twice:
Bee-sting survivor
One on the hand
One on the neck
Maybe I'm a terrible mother, but I'm always relieved when my kids get their first bee sting. At least now I know he's not going to die of an allergic reaction!











1 comments:
Wow, I didn't know Knoxes had such a nice back yard!
Post a Comment