Wednesday, September 21, 2016

School Starts

We made one last Rita's trip after the open house to meet Seth and Catherine's teachers.
Mom got to choose Aaron's raspberry lemonde ice. 
It was delicious:

Seth and Catherine opted for Swedish Fish flavored.
It was...red.
They claimed it was delicious: 

Elise and Mom fail at selfies: 

How we feel about school starting: 
Well, that's how I feel.
Seth and Catherine are excited!
Aaron, Elise and I are going to miss them so much.

The big day! 

Heading off to third grade and big stuff like letter grades: 

Headed off to kindergarten and big stuff like being gone all day: 

She actually let me do her hair.
Miracles, people: 

The first day of K was only two hours and I got to go with her.
Here she is with the school mascot, which I think is a falcon.
Mother of the Year, right here: 

With the cute sign her teacher had for them: 
(and her dorky bus hat she's supposed to wear for 5-6 weeks. We'll toss it after 3).

This picture.
Melts my heart.

I really struggled with the decision to homeschool or not this year. Ultimately, it just isn't the right timing. I don't love lots of things about public school, but I LOVE the teachers my children have. They are answers to prayers. I'm especially grateful for Catherine's teacher, who is exactly the kind of personality that Catherine will respond to and adore. Here's to a great school year!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

How is Aaron doing without Catherine around all day?