Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Family Ice Cream

Thanks to our library's summer reading program coupons, we made our annual trek to Jarrettsville Creamery for some free ice cream. Elise was especially excited:

Ice cream is one of the few things she consistently likes:

The big ones enjoy their ice cream:

Aaron got the best flavor: pomegranate.
That's what happens when Mom picks for you.

Fun story: before we left I told Jon how much I hate bringing kids to this store. The entire thing is full of candy and little glass jars of jam, all at kid-level. I basically spend the entire time keeping them from breaking/eating things.

I figured with two of us around, it would be okay. Ha. At some point Aaron snuck away. A woman at another table said, "Excuse me, but your son is climbing the shelf." Sure enough, he was climbing up to get himself some candy. I will be forever grateful that the stupid thing didn't tip over as he climbed.  We made a quick exit after that, but not without a store full of people giving us the eye.  Apparently people with large families should just stay at home all the time...

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

You are brave to take 4 kids into that store! Even more tempting than the fudge store.