Because I'm a homeschooler at heart (and because my kids are device junkies), I put together some summer goals for them to work on while school was out. Before they got electronics, they had to read for 30 minutes, do 20 minutes of math, 10 minutes of writing, 30 minutes of outside play, 30 minutes of creating, and 10 minutes of helping Mom.
They also had specific goals in reading, writing, math and spirituality, with rewards for getting them done.
Summer goal charts
It ended up being a fascinating study in personality. Seth got his daily jobs done every single day (because he wanted electronics), but only passed off one of his category goals. Catherine hardly ever managed to finish all her daily goals, but passed off every single one of her category goals. Different motivations, I guess!
I also gave myself some summer goals (to be fair!). Mine included losing some baby weight (Elise's constant nursing took care of that!), finishing our 2011 family scrapbook, and finishing decorating Elise's nursery and Catherine's room:
Elise's room:
Catherine's room:









2 comments:
Love your girls' rooms. Did your kids need much encouraging to complete their goals/tasks? Love your ideas!
I'm impressed! I got absolutely nothing accomplished in the house during my summer :D
Post a Comment