Jon has spent the last many, many years working for CBRN at AMSAA (yes, I grilled him about acronyms last night and yes, I'm probably still getting them wrong). They're the ones who had him on the Dugway project, which I am perfectly happy to see wrapped up. But apparently there's a group called AMCAG that gets to demand people occasionally and Jon was demanded. So sometime in September or October (it keeps getting shifted) he'll be changing over. He's not thrilled to be leaving the Dugway project since he's basically the only one who knows what's going on, but what can you do? He also wasn't thrilled about the new job at first but perked up a bit after hearing about some potential for interesting projects. No idea how long this "rotation" will last at AMCAG. I told him I don't care as long as it doesn't end up with us moving to Huntsville.
I've already whined about seminary, which takes up most of his time when he's not at work. But what about those rare, precious hours when he's not working or working on seminary? Usually the answer to that question is "Elise. All the time." If Elise is awake and Jon is home, she's typically in his arms.
Mario Kart expert challenge level: the toddler on lap
Jon has always been a dedicated home teacher. He faithfully visits every month and is happy to help with needs. As proof of his willingness, here's Jon with dogs:
Those who know about Jon's hatred of fur and drool will appreciate the depth of his service here. The kids, however, were thrilled to walk the dogs while the family vacationed. Hope they enjoyed it because this is as close as they're ever going to get to owning a dog.
I'm grateful Jon has the summer off from seminary. For the first time in a long time he's had time to play on his computer. He's also helping the kids master Super Mario Brothers and has been teaching Seth Python (a computer coding language). I know that once seminary starts up we're likely to lose any free time, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
I'm so grateful for everything Jon does for our family. I honestly don't know how he manages to do it all and still be able to help with maintaining some basic levels of cleanliness (for the house and the children). I do like to whine about not having him around, but I know he's setting a great example of service for our kids.


1 comments:
Jon is a great example of a dedicated hometeacher - I knew that even before the fur and drool service :D I'm sure he is an excellent seminary teacher also. He is, after all, our family "go to person" for tough doctrinal questions!
Post a Comment