Monday, August 14, 2017

Assorted June

Catherine has a deep love for all creatures. Several times a week she hunts down slugs in our yard and carries them around like this. Also dearly loved are butterflies, worms, and lightning bugs. 

When Mom drags you to Home Depot, you get giant suckers.

I love this picture of Catherine. And not because she's wearing a sparkly leotard under her outfit. Or because I can't remember the last time she brushed her hair. Or because she insisted on riding in the baby cart even though she's way too big. I love this picture because of the second sucker in her hand. No matter where we are, Catherine always thinks of Seth. He was at a friend's house and missed out on the super exciting Home Depot trip, but thanks to Catherine he won't miss out on the sucker. I'm grateful for this girl and her generous heart.

Some friends were getting rid of their bunk bed and we jumped at it! Our goal is to eventually have Elise and Catherine share a room, so this was a perfect setup. Catherine loves having one of her brothers sleep over in her room. It was Aaron for a few weeks, now it's Seth. She also loves climbing on and hanging off of her new bed. We have a very happy monkey girl now!

One time I was walking through my clover-infested lawn barefoot (brilliant, I know) and got stung. I didn't see what stung me, nor was there a stinger in the skin, so I assume it was a wasp or hornet. It also hurt like crazy. I went inside, put baking soda on it and waited for it to swell. I've been stung quite a few times and it always swells a bit. 

But this time it didn't stop. At first I thought it was because it was a wasp/hornet and not the average bee. Or because it was near a joint. But when it started getting hot and red, I finally headed to urgent care. The doctor still wasn't entirely sure it was cellulitis and not just a reaction to the sting, but he prescribed antibiotics anyway. By the next day the swelling was hardly visible. Within two days I could walk normally again. Medicine is amazing stuff! 

Elephant-footed Megan!

My mom frequently surprises us with Amazon packages, but this day we got something extra special:

Someone else saw his sister in the box and had to imitate:

Happy June!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

The first picture explains a lot. What's cuddling with a snake when worms and bugs are your friends?