What would I do without you, my sweet, creative, independent and determined Catherine? I love your imagination. I love how you watch out for Aaron & Elise. I love how you hero worship Seth.
I don't love the glimpses I'm already getting of a moody teenager. The door slamming. The "YOU ALREADY TOLD ME"s. The "I'm sad but I don't know why!"s. We may have some exciting years ahead of us.
Kindergarten has been a joy for you. The only thing I've heard you complain about is library time. They were making you write something and you felt it was "too hard." I'm prone to agree--library time, especially in kindergarten, should just be for reading and enjoying books, nothing more. But you loved everything else, especially "centers." Friends I hear you talk about frequently: Dylan, Jordan, Bayne, Allison, Addison, Tenley, Scarlett, Olivia. You come home singing Taylor Swift songs you've learned from your girlfriends.
Sparkly diamond face paint from the school carnival
Your latest creative outlet: tiny, tiny paper cutouts.
I put a penny in there for size reference:
Since both your brothers are electronics junkies, I'm constantly amazed at your ability to self-regulate your use. You'll play, especially when Seth is "connecting" with you on Minecraft, but usually before too long you're off creating something or playing. Your imaginary worlds must be much more interesting than anything electronic. I'm so grateful.
I've said this since you were little, but I really never know what to expect from you from day to day. Life with you is an adventure and I love it. Love you, Sara Sara Catherine.



1 comments:
That is some impressive tiny artwork
Post a Comment