Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Spring Recital

May means the end of semester piano recital! I joined forces with several other piano teachers (youth with just a few students) so we had a decent crowd filled with people we love. All the familiar faces were good since it was someone's first recital and I wasn't sure she would cooperate. Turns out she had no stage fright at all!
Reading about Beethoven (her composer)

Playing "Ode to Joy"

She even remembered to pause for a picture after she finished!

I was especially proud of Seth. Our theme for this recital was famous composers and since Seth is on a Harry Potter kick, he picked John Williams. I found him a version of "Hedwig's Theme" that I thought was challenging. It was two pages long and I only planned on him learning the first. He loved it so much that he ended up not just learning both pages but completely memorizing them! We heard a LOT of Hedwig's Theme at our house. Good thing we love it so much!

After the recital we needed some time to decompress. 
Decompressing works best with a baby crawling on your chest:

Now we get to enjoy an entire summer free from piano!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Free from piano - you mean they don't play for fun - or procrastination - like their mother :D