Friday, March 16, 2018

February Fun

One day it hit 80 degrees in February. It feels like a fluke every time, but both Catherine and Elise were born on February days that were unusually warm, so it must be fairly normal. We joined friends from co-op for an afternoon at the park:

Catherine invited her friend Sophie from co-op over to play. I also taught Talia and her sisters piano that day, so there were lots of girls to play with. Bente snapped these pictures of the girls reading together while I taught: 
Talia & Elise

Aaron, Talia, Catherine & Sophie reading together: 

Seth has a class at co-op called Community Helpers, where they come up with service projects to do in the community and then do them! They've made treats for first responders and chew toys for dog shelters. I really love that he has this opportunity. 

This time they made snacks and treats to deliver to a local nursing home. I wasn't able to go, so Bente took him and sent me these pictures. 
Serving drinks

Seth is a very chatty guy so I figured this would be a good fit for him. Bente said he made friends with these two men. The one in the Ravens coat was a big sports fan and told Seth that the 82 on his jacket was the number of some famous athlete. He told Seth to go home and ask his dad who it was. "Your dad will know!" Bahahaha! 
Seth and his friends

Sunday afternoons are hard. Elise is starting to give up her naps, which means no breaks for anyone. Jon is either working on seminary or home teaching. Which means it's just me and the babies...again. Since we choose not to use electronics or play with friends, Sundays can be long days. Thankfully homemade playdough and Mr. Potato Head toys make for at least an hour of entertainment!

Looking forward to some warmer weather so we can go on walks!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

I love that Seth was so comfortable chatting with everyone! Bente's girls reading to your kids is adorable too :) And Sunday afternoons... Such hard work to make it delightful for children!