Friday, March 16, 2018

Things Kids Say

Some gems I want to remember:


-When Seth and Catherine were little, Catherine learned that all she had to say to get Seth riled up was, "I win!" Didn't matter that there was nothing to win--those words had him up in arms. Elise has figured out a similar tactic with Aaron: "No, no, Aaron!" Even if he's happily playing, the sound of those words will bring rouse him to a fury. "No, YOU no no!" Elise thinks it's a great game until Aaron gets so angry he pushes her over. Doesn't stop her, though.

-Aaron talking to me one morning after a bath: "You love one Aarons. And zero lions. And 15 chickens."

-Seth has discovered Catch Phrase and requests to play it every night. One night we were playing together and it was his turn. He says: "It's a type of yellow from the 90s." We were stumped. Tan? Beige? The answer: Old Yeller. We may have actually died laughing. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Sibling pestering... Such a fun aspect of childhood and parenting - NOT!

Tell Aaron that grandma wants to know how many sharks.

Old Yeller - finally something about that book that makes me laugh. They were reading Where the Red Fern Grows when I was subbing in 5th grade, and I was sure glad I wasn't there for the ending.