Because homeschooling is awesome and our co-op is awesome, we got to have a Valentine's party. With CANDY! With PEANUTS IN IT! Even HOMEMADE TREATS if I'd wanted to (which I didn't). Basically, it was just the way a Valentine party should be. We even made homemade Valentine boxes (apparently you can just buy Valentine boxes now?? Cheating!).
Seth's was a double-decker box
Just one normal picture. That's all I ask...
Aaron's had four stickers and a balloon:
Elise wouldn't stop drawing on her box for a picture:
Catherine, unsurprisingly, had the most creative box:
The balloons even had candy inside them!
We arrived early to help set up and were told we could help best by not being in the room. It was slightly offensive but also hilariously true. The kids were happy to play with the library toys instead of decorating. Once the party was in full swing we headed back in to enjoy the chaos.
Elise was happy to have free glue access:
Seth had a great time goofing off with the boys and teasing the girls:
Catherine, happily creating something:
And Aaron:
Not sure if it's a growth spurt or what, but he's been extra tired and whiny lately.
And then it was time for the candy distribution.
Elise wasn't messing around:
(later she also had a sucker in each hand)
Catherine's haul:
Aaron's haul:
Seth's haul:
I had to chase him down.
He was already in the hall eating it all by the time I found him.
After the party we all headed out to the playground to enjoy the (relative) warmth. My favorite part was seeing some classes of kids from the nearby elementary school walking past (apparently they walk to the library as part of their school day). I heard lots of comments like, "Hey, why aren't they in school?" "Why are all those kids ditching?" Sometimes homeschooling is hard, but sometimes it's really, really awesome.
Too much sucker consumption = bath time.
Bath time = crazy hair time.
She actually asks for a ponytail in her hair now...
Two days after Valentine's Day I finally got around to giving them their Valentines from Grandma Cathy. I am a really, really good mom who is totally on top of things all the time:
Sorry, Grandma!















1 comments:
Does look like they needed any more candy ;)
Post a Comment