Monday, March 5, 2018

Last Arizona Days

Going home is always the worst, no matter how long you've gotten to stay. We were in Tucson almost a full month and it still wasn't enough. Plus it's no fun knowing you're going back to temperatures in the teens instead of the 60s and 70s...

Our last few days were just simple fun. The kids insisted we go back to this random little park in a nearby neighborhood. They also insisted I take pictures of them in the tree. Again.


We soaked in as much Grandma attention as we could: 

And Russell soaked in electronics time with Aaron: 

Poor Grandpa thought he was picked on before...I don't think he got any breaks from my kids: 
I'm sure my parents were ready to have some peace and quiet again, but we are so grateful for the lovely memories we made this year. As our kids grow it gets more complicated to be with family for every holiday, but it's worth the effort! And now we know we CAN survive driving across the country! Thank you for everything, Mom & Dad. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Dad says we need a basement for our next gathering so the kids have more room. I think we need a cook so it's not mostly you;) It was perfect AZ weather most of that month so outside was their wiggle room. I hope we can do it again. The loss of your van was a pretty steep price to pay...