Thursday, June 13, 2019

Easter

Our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt happened the morning after Elijah was born. Jon was a champion dad and headed home in time to shower and get the kids to the pond. And, once again, a million thanks to Uncle Timmy, who was the one running the show while Jon & I were gone. 
So much photogenicness...

I blame their father.

Apparently this year there were junky plastic toys and stuffed animals in addition to the eggs full of candy. Because heaven knows we can ALL use more stuffed animals in our homes...

I was really proud of my kids for listening and limiting themselves to 20-25 eggs instead of filling their buckets to the top. It's not easy to do that when everyone else is going crazy. But we just don't need that candy, and it gave some of the little ones a chance to actually get some eggs before they were snatched up. 

Even with a newborn, we had to sneak in some egg decorating. 




And the winner of "most enthusiastic egg decorator" is:
Shocking, right?

I normally am not one to go right back to church after baby, but I was feeling really good and it didn't feel right to not be at church on Easter. Thankfully our church is in the afternoon right now, so it was fairly easy to get there on time. 

Elise's awesome nursery leaders had an Easter egg hunt for all the kids in their class. They snapped this picture of Kelsey, Elise, Matthew & Anuhea enjoying the sunshine. 

Also, our first picture as a family of seven!

We enjoyed a lovely, laidback Easter dinner with Timmy & the Uhligs. We definitely had so much to be grateful for this year. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Glad you were able to do all your Easter traditions plus enjoy a nice meal with friends! Jon's Easter decorating face never changes :D :D :D