Monday, June 24, 2019

Memorial Day

We love our ward Memorial Day breakfast and kayaking tradition. We had perfect weather for it this year: warm, but not too gross and humid yet. I got a break from holding a chubby baby thanks to Brie. She adores him and literally held him the entire time (unless I was feeding him):

After eating too much delicious food, it was off to the kayaks! My mom snapped all these pictures since I was busy making sure Brie's arms didn't fall off from all that huge baby holding.
Catherine LOVES solo time with her daddy.
It's her favorite thing.

Grandpa was on duty with the little ones.
Brave soul, that Grandpa Russell.

A terrifying sight.
Not sure who let Seth, Benjamin & Gabe on a kayak together, but I was impressed they never tipped.
Please note that Gabe is the only one doing any kind of work.

Seth forces Grandpa into a canoe.

Later, forces Mom into a short kayak trip between Elijah feedings.

Another trip with Gabe.
This time he was a little more helpful.

Those who weren't kayaking were enjoying playing on the 'beach'.
We found this little mermaid lounging on the rocks in the sunshine:


We wore ourselves out with all that food and fun.
Good thing Elise let Grandpa borrow Softie Blanket so he could catch a nap before we headed to the Knoxes for some grilling and chatting! A perfect Memorial Day. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Grandpa had no idea how lucky he was to nap with "softie".